Career Development Program (CDP) UK is one of the most popular UK programs for intermediate English level students. Designed to equip students with the skills and language ability to undertake successful work experience in a British company, this program offers students a unique pathway of progression, where learners have the opportunity to acquire career development skills and a nationally recognized British qualification, in conjunction with a period of work experience in the UK.
The CDP is a sandwich course which offers clients from Thailand the opportunity to study and do work experience in the UK. It is especially aimed at clients that require a student visa to come to the UK to take part in a work and study course.
Students complete a nationally recognized level 3 Edexcel Workskills qualification. Edexcel is the UKs largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and it accredits Twin in order to allow Twin to teach and assess the work needed for the Level 3 Workskills Qualification. Students have the possibility to choose to study in centers in London or Eastbourne. This program enables learners to analyze their own potential via the practical work experience element as they work towards a nationally recognized qualification. Improve your English speaking, listening, writing and reading skills, gain customer service skills and acquire language for the workplace during a part-time paid work placement.
CLASSROOM BASED COMPONENT
- The classroom based course components cover all the skill needed to undertake a successful placement, from the initial process of applying for work experience and attending an interview, to recognizing and developing self confidence and key skills to enhance employment opportunities upon return to their home country.
- Modules studied depending on length of course include:
- Managing work life balance
- Project management skills
- Personal skills for leadership
- Negotiation skills and persuasion in the workplace
- Strategies to include job interview skills
- Communicating solutions to others
- Working as a team
- Alternatives to paid work
- Building working relationships with customers